Joint Universities Preliminary Examinations Board (JUPEB) is a National Examination body saddled with the responsibility of conducting examinations for students, who have undergone approved subject combinations and are seeking Direct Entry admissions into Nigerian and partnering foreign tertiary institutions.
The establishment of this examinations body was recently approved by the federal government of Nigeria to fill the gap created by the discontinuance of Advance Level Examinations.
To be eligible to take examinations leading to the award of JUPEB’s Direct Entry Certificates, the candidate must have been exposed to an intensive scheme of academic work relevant to his/her proposed university course.
- Each candidate must register, sit for Examinations and satisfy the Board in three subjects and a General Studies course relevant to the proposed course in any of the universities.
- Each subject is to be broken into four courses to be taken, two per semester, by the candidate. The results in all the courses are to be merged at the end of the second semester to obtain the candidate’s grade in that particular subject.
- Each candidate is expected to take twelve (12) courses, six per semester, and a General Studies course.
- The general Studies for courses in each University Faculty will be based on relevant General courses suggested for that Faculty by each university.
- The students upon completion of the programme will be issued certificates based on their level of perfoemance which bear Letter Grades of A, B, C, D, E or F in each of the three subjects and General Studies Paper.
For admission into each university, each candidate, in addition to passing the prescribed JUPEB examinations for issuing the Direct Entry Certificates, must satisfy all other conditions as prescribed by his/her university of choice.
Duration of Academic Programme
The duration of the Programme of courses for the Board’s Examination is a minimum of one academic session of two semesters.
The Basic Qualification for Enrolment is a minimum of five (5) Credit Passes at the Senior Secondary Certificate (SSCE) /General Certificate of Education (GCE) Ordinary Level in subjects relevant to the desired university programme or course of study.
Participating Institutions in Nigeria
- University of Lagos (Unilag),
- University of Ibadan (U.I.),
- Obafemi Awolowo University, Ife (OAU),
- Federal University of Technology, Akure (FUTA),
- University of Ilorin,
- Federal University of Agriculture, Abeokuta (FUNAAB),
- University of Port Harcourt, University of Calabar.
*Other universities planned to join soon.
[notification type=”error”] Be smart! Use the subscription form on this page to subscribe to valuable and timely informaton – join over 2500 subscribers on our mailing list today [/notification]