Back then in school I watch Shola a medical student, just like every student, wakes up in the morning, get ready for class, attend classes, studies hard to get the best out of school. While in his fourth year in medical school, I was in my first year. I graduated and came back for my call-up letter but Shola was still struggling to pass some medical courses. We engaged in a discussion and I got to know that he was studying medicine because that was in wish of his late daddy and he has decided to get the certificate as a present for the parent. Then a question rang in my heart -Did your parents make you the best you ever desire to be?
It is the responsibility of parents to help their children be the best they can be in life. As much as we want our children to be the best, we should not force them in doing what is against their will. As much as you want to be called “doctor’s daddy” does not mean you should force your children to study Medicine against their wish or ability. The following are ways you can help him to be the best:
- Help him to be focused in life. As children grows, we must teach them to be focus not minding the pressure from peers.
- Advise them on their course of discipline based on their talents and abilities and not how lucrative a course is. Help him to stand out as best in whatever he does, then he can excel wherever he finds himself.
- Encourage him to take up vocational training that matches his interest, personality and value, as early as a teenager, as this will help him remain focused, occupied and to be a productive thinker.
- Help him take decisions that are right at the appropriate time in life.
- Do all you can to make his dreams reality.
THE SUCCESS OF A CHILD IS THE RESPONSIBILITY OF THE PARENT. PLAN TO HAVE THE NUMBER YOU CAN CATER FOR – MORALLY, SPIRITUALLY, FINANCIALLY AND OTHER ASPECTS OF LIFE. DON’T CONTRIBUTE MORE PROBLEMS TO THE SOCIETY.