1. APPLICATION FOR REGISTRATION
Intending candidates for the November/December 2015 West Africa Senoir School Certificate Examination (WASSCE) for private candidates are hereby informed that the registration will be online.
2. MODE OF PAYMENT
Candidates are expected to pay a registration fee of Eleven Thousand Six Hundred Naira only (NGN 11,600.00) at branches of any of the following banks or any accredited agent and obtain the registration PIN and the information VCD:
- Access Bank Plc
- Diamond Bank Plc
- Ecobank Plc
- Enterprise Bank Ltd
- First Bank of Nig Plc
- Fidelity Bank Plc
- First City Monument Bank Plc
- Guaranty Trust Bank Plc
- Standard Chartered Bank Plc
- Stanbic IBTC Bank Plc
- Sterling Bank Plc
- Skye Bank Plc
- Union Bank Plc
- United Bank for Africa Plc
- Unity Bank
- Zenith Bank Plc
3. REGISTRATION PERIOD
The normal registration period is from Monday, May 4 to Monday, August 24 2015, After payment candidates should log on to the WAEC online portal for registration. Candidates should also note that the registration procedure has been designed to accomodate biometric features that will be used for validation at the examination centers.
Candidates who wish to register for the examination after the close of entries can be accommodated as “Walk-in-Candidates” provided they register not less than twenty four hours to the time of the paper(s) they intend to write. The “Walk-in-Candidates” fee is Twenty Five Thousand Five Hundred Naira only (NGN 25,000.00)
Candidates must conclude registration within two weeks of first access to the website during the registration period. They should ensure that their names, gender, passport photographs, dates of birth, subjects and disabilities (if any) are correct. They are also to print the admission notice/photo card as evidence of successful registration. This will serve as the photo card during the examination. The result checker PIN will be on the photo card. Only digital Persons Scanner should be used for fingerprint registration.
6. CANDIDATES WITH DISABILITIES
Candidates with disabilities will also be registered on-line like other candidates but they must clearly state their disabilities eg blind, low vision, spastic speech.
7. GENERAL INFORMATION
- Candidates should view the information VCD before they register for the examination
- Candidates should note that examination fees are not refundable.
- Candidates must print the examination timetable at the completion of their registration
- Entires must be uploaded with good quality passport size photographs, not “wait and get” photographs. The background of such photographs MUST NOT BE BLUE OR RED. The size should be 275 by 314 pixels; Entires with unacceptable passport photographs will be rejected.
- Candidates should study the Regulations and Syllabuses as well as the Timetables for the examination which they can download from WAEC’s website using their registration PIN.
- All candidates must go to their examination halls in mufti and without arms. No professional uniform of any kind will be allowed in the examination hall.
- The entire results of candidates who make more than one entry will be cancelled.
- Smoking is not allowed in the examination hall.
- Any candidate that comes into the examination hall with mobile phone and/or electronic or communication gadgets will have his or her entire results cancelled.
- All candidates must ensure that their entries are correctly uploaded, as the Council will not be held responsible for errors in candidates’ particulars. No request for correction will be entertained on any information which a candidate voluntarily gives at the point of registration as soon as the exam commences.
- Candidates who engage in examination malpractice will not only have their results cancelled but may be prosecuted.
- Candidates must come into the examination hall with their original photo card.
[notification type=”error”] Dont leave in a hurry! Fill the subscription form on this page to subscribe to valuable and timely information – join over 3000 subscribers on our mailing list today [/notification]