YouWin is real, I have the privilege to know some beneficiaries who had no links within government. If you have a good business plan, idea; I urge you to give it a try.
YouWiN – Youth Enterprise with Innovation in Nigeria – is an innovative business plan competition, by the federal government of Nigeria, aimed at job creation by encouraging and supporting aspiring entrepreneurial youth in Nigeria to develop and execute business ideas.
The first round of the competition was awarded in 2011 with 1200 successful businesses.
The 2013 YouWIN Business competition (third edition) will be launch by the president, within the month of August, for both men and women entrepreneurs in Nigeria between ages 18 and 40.
Step 1: See Who is Eligible to Apply
To be eligible for the Business Plan Competition you must satisfy the following criteria
- You must be a proven citizen of Nigeria no older than 40 years (proof of identity: International passport/Drivers License/National ID/Voters card required)
- You must have a post-secondary school qualification
- Your proposed business venture must be within the national borders of Nigeria, and with the intention of employing Nigerian citizens.
- Your proposed venture must not entail the production or distribution of weapons, alcoholic beverages, tobacco or/and gambling, or any activities in contradiction with the Nigerian constitution
- You must prepare an innovative business concept summary
You must choose to participate in one award pool. There are 6 regional pools on the basis of geo-political zone as identified by market in which you want to do business.
Step 2: See How to Apply
Step 3: Complete New Business Application
Once you have successfully registered you need to Log in and click the New Business Application button on the right hand-side (the link will be visible once the competition is launched in August 2013). You can save your application form as you go along, and come back to it at any time. Once you are happy with your application use the Submit button on the form to send it. You can submit only ONE application.
After the closing date you will be notified if you have been selected for the next stage of the competition.
[notification type=”info”]If you need a guide to the best approach in presenting your idea, contact us at knowbase by sending a mail to email@example.com and signing up as a user on knowbase. We shall connect you with others who have been successful with their application (Beneficiaries of Youwin grant). Also we shall create a Forum where you can chat with a mentor, so keep your ears close to knowbase by signing up [/notification]