The National Research Fund was established pursuant to the Tertiary Education Trust Fund Act 2011 for the resuscitation of research activities in Nigeria’s Public Tertiary institutions which section 20 of the Act defines as Public “Universities, Polytechnics and Colleges of Education.” It is also aimed at addressing the critical needs of the Nations developmental aspirations.
Every lecturer in Public Tertiary Institutions in Nigeria are eligible. Multi-Disciplinary Researchers comprising of Researchers from various disciplines are allowed. The Lead Researcher will head the research team and will be referred to as the Principal Researcher/Investigator (PI). The PI will be personally responsible and held accountable for the conduct of the research . An added requirement is that the PI must be institution based.
AREAS OF RESEARCH
The categories and specialized subject areas for funding are as follows
|A||Science, Technology and Innovation||
|B||Humanities and Social Sciences||
|C||Cross Cutting Themes||
- All applications are to be made strictly on the prescribed standardized format/template. this can be downloaded here.
- Any proposal that does not follow the prescribed format shall not be consider.
- Only one application may be submitted according to the prescribed format.
- 5 hard copies of the proposals shall be submitted by the Researchers through the Head of the institution who shall forward them with a covering letter dully signed by him to the address below:
The Executive Secretary
Tertiary Education Trust Fund (TETFund)
6 Zambezi Cresent
Off Aguiyi Ironsi Crescent
At the left hand corner of the envelope containing the proposal should be written the words “2015 National Research Fund/ the category of the Research e.g Humanities or Social Sciences“
v. In addition to the above, soft copies of the research proposals shall also be submitted by the Researcher to the email address below:
and copy the email addresses below:
- The Principal Researcher / Investigator of the adjudged fundable proposal shall be invited to defend their proposals before the National Research Fund Screening and Monitoring Committe (NRFS&MC) before a letter of award is issued by the TETFund, if successful;
- All submitted proposals will be subject to appraisal by the National Research Fund Screening and Monitoring Committee (NRFS&MC) who shall make appropriate recommendations to the Board of Trustees of the Fund for consideration and approval;
- The total budget for each research shall not be above N50,000 million; and
- All other requirements including a work plan are as indicated in the guidelines.
DEADLINE FOR SUBMISSION OF PROPOSALS
The deadline for submission of proposals shall be on or before friday 20th March 2015. For further information please contact:
Barr. Ifiok Ukim
Director, Education Support Services
Mr. Asimolowo Misbahu
[notification type=”error”] Dont leave in a hurry! Fill the subscription form on this page to subscribe to valuable and timely information – join over 3000 subscribers on our mailing list today [/notification]