Nigeria LNG Limited, a world-class company helping to build a better Nigeria, seeks to engage an experienced Special Educational Needs (SEN) Teacher on fixed term contract employment in the Nigeria LNG School, Bonny Island.
The appointee will be required to identify children with Special Education Needs and then provide support for these needs thus ensuring that all children in NLNG School achieve their potential. The Duties:
The duties will include, but are not limited to the following:
- Identify Children’s needs through formal standardized and informal assessments then develop and adapt 21st century child-centered teaching methods to meet the needs of these children thus ensuring maximum curricular access and progression
- Prepare appropriate lessons and resources to teach either individuals or small groups of pupils within or outside the class to ensure learning is engaging and rigorous
- Liaise with class teacher, parents and guardians and with other professionals, such as speech and language therapists, physiotherapists and educational psychologists to ensure that learning is appropriate and sufficient.
- Update and maintain records on pupils’ progress to show evidence of new and consolidated learning
- Attend reviews or other related meetings and actively contribute to the partnership work that arises to ensure approaches within the team support effective working
- Ensure the views and voices of children with SEN are heard in the teaching context as well as the wider school community to ensure that there is an inclusive learning environment
- Actively maintain and develop up to date knowledge of current best practices and skills in the field to ensure that all children reach their potential.
The right candidate should:
- Have a Qualified Teacher Status. (Please attach evidence as an addition to academic qualification)
- Possess B.Ed at a minimum of Second Class Upper level or a first degree in non-education disciplines at a minimum of Second Class Upper level and a PGCSE in Primary Teaching or Special Education
- Have a minimum of at least 4 years’ post-NYSC experience in supporting children with special educational needs in a Primary School setting or Specialist School
- Be a specialist in one or more of the following areas; Autistic Spectrum Disorders, Learning Disabilities (Down’s syndrome), Specific Learning Difficulties (Dyslexia/Dyscalculia). (Please attach any evidence in this regard as an addition to academic qualification)
- Have experience of writing and evaluating Individual Educational Programmes (IEPs).
- Not be more than 45 years old as at 31st December, 2014.
Additionally, the right candidate will need to be:
- An excellent communicator.
- Able to work cooperatively within a team.
- Able to plan for and lead others (learning assistants).
- Culturally sensitive and internationally-minded.
- Experienced with working collaboratively with class teachers to support an inclusive approach.
- Competent in ICT and have a good awareness of the use of ICT across the curriculum
- Able to demonstrate a high level of care towards children, colleagues, parents and other stakeholders.
- Well organised and able to produce high quality reports.
[notification type=”error”] Be smart! Use the subscription form on this page to subscribe to our mailing list – join over 2500 subscribers on our mailing list today [/notification]