The Federal Government on Tuesday Sept 2, 2014 in Abuja launched e-curriculum portal to aid teaching and learning for senior secondary schools in the country.
Launching the e-curriculum portal, the Minister of State for Education, Chief Nyesom Wike, commended the initiative of the designers.
The portal was conceived by the Nigerian Educational Research and Development Council (NERDC), and SIDMACH Technologies Nigeria Limited.
The e -curriculum solution is a complete teaching and learning tool which help teachers teach and students learn, using the National Educational Research and Development Council (NERDC) approved curriculum. The solution provides an interactive, analytic and collaborative learning environment for teachers and students
Key Benefits of the NERDC e-Curriculum Web Portal
- Create lesson plans from the approved curriculum
- Make use of the teacher’s guide to facilitate teaching
- Teach with the NERDC approved curriculum
- Support knowledge sharing between teachers and students
- Generate weekly work plans and curriculum maps from the e-curriculum portal
- Provides access to published model lesson plans on-line
- A platform with very rich learning resources for students.
- It is available and accessible, and learning is enabled anytime anywhere
- Allows accessibility to electronic books and other interactive media
- Publish other learning materials like videos, books, etc.
- Enables curriculum based scheme of work for learning to be downloaded by teachers and schools
- It is easy and intuitive to use by teachers and students
- It permits student-student, student-teacher, teacher-teacher collaborations
- It encourages an interactive teaching and learning environment
- The e-curriculum solution is secured and can only be accessed by authorized personnel
The electronic curriculum portal offers direct access to the end users (Teachers and Students). To access the school access module, the school has to first subscribe to the electronic curriculum platform.