The NEPAD Business Group Nigeria (NBG ) announces the commencement of the maiden and 2014 edition of the NBGN Graduates’ Employability Improvement & Development Initiative (GEIDI). The programme intends to equip unemployed Nigeria graduates with both technical and entrepreneurial skills to address the observed mismatch in graduate training and those skills required in the modem workplace for enhanced employability and self reliability.
The 6 months program is designed to be an annual event and is being organized in collaboration with the Nigerian Opportunities Industrialization Centre (NOIC), Small and Medium Enterprises DevelopmentAgency ofNigeria (SMEDAN), Bank Of Industry Limited (BOI) and other partners, stakeholders and collaborators. The training wi ll be in Lagos and successful graduates of the scheme wi ll be assisted in setting up in their chosen trades and
vocation with respect to technical issues and as well in facilitation ofsuitable loans to qualified candidates.
The NEPAD Business Group Nigeria was formed in response to the need to galvanize the private sector to support and actively participate in the implementation ofthe programmes of
NEPAD at both national, regional levels and continental level. The key objectives ofNEPAD are the promotion of sustainable growth and development, eradication of poverty, and
ending the marginalization ofAfrica in this era ofglobalization.
The objectives of NBG GEIDI are:
- To fill in the gap oftechnical, entrepreneurial and other practical skills lacking in igeria graduates;
- Enhancement of the technical and entrepreneurial capacities of unemployed Nigeria graduates for paid and self employment for wealth creation and socio-economic development;
- To reduce the level ofunemployment in the country and its associated negative socio vices;
- To serve as avenue ofreliable human resources for organizations;
- To sensitize simi lar organizations on the need to partner with government to reduce unemployment, which is a threat to the nation and her development.
Courses to be offered:
- Refrigeration &Air Conditioning
- Painting & House Decoration
- Computer Hardware Maintenance
- Hotel & Catering Management
- Electrical Installation
- Automotive Mechanics.
Applications are invited from:
- Nigerian unemployed graduates aged not less than 18 yrs.
- Must possess a University degree or HND ·
- Must have completed the NYSC scheme
How to Apply
Online at www.nepadbgng.org
Shortlisted candidates will be contacted via email
Please note that, the training is free but successful applicants will be responsible fortheir accommodation, feeding and transportation.
Duration for application:
Monday July 21 -Monday August 4, 20 14