PROGRAMME TITLE: ENTREPRENEURSHIP DEVELOPMENT PROGRAMME
THEME: PROMOTING GLOBALLY COMPETITIVE BUSINESSES FROM THE NIGER DELTA REGION
(A WEALTH CREATION PROGRAMME OF THE NIGER DELTA REGIONAL DEVELOPMENT MASTER PLAN)
Sections 5.7.3 and 5.7.4 of the Niger Delta Regional Development Master Plan (NDRDMP) address the policies for economic development in rural and urban areas of the Region. These sections of the Master Plan highlight the need for
all stakeholders to invest consistently in the development of entrepreneurial activities in the region, through training and
capacity building for entrepreneurs among other initiatives.
The programme announced in this publication is designed to Identify MSMEs from across the Niger Delta Region that
are determined to succeed and compete in today’s global economy. NDDC and other partners will seek opportunities to
provide the necessary support and enabling environment that the selected enterprises need to grow into global concerns. Please note that the selection process described In this publication will be extremely rigorous, thorough and competitive.
ABOUT THE ENTREPRENEURSHIP TRAINING PROGRAMME:
The Entrepreneurship Training Programme is about identifying FAST GROWTH businesses in the MSME category from
all 9 States of the Niger Delta Region, and providing the necessary support and enabling environment for those businesses to continue to grow and compete successfully in today’s global markets. The exact nature of support to be provided will be assessed based on the business plans that must be submitted by each participating entrepreneur. In
other words, no business plan, no participation!
It needs to be emphasised here that there is need to diversify and strengthen the economies of the Niger Delta States
and make them less dependent on the oil and gas sector. Therefore ONLY entrepreneurs outside the oil and gas sectors are encouraged to ‘apply for this programme. The preferred sectors include
(c) manufacturing and processing
(d) entertainment and hospitality
(e) commerce and trade and
(f) professional services,
GENERAL CRITERIA FOR SELECTION:
1. The business (existing or soon to be registered) must be legitimate concerns (not involved in illegal pursuits) and
duly registered under the laws of the Federal Republic of Nigeria
2 . The entrepreneur(s) promoting the business i.e. sole proprietor, partners or directors must be from one of the Niger
3. The entrepreneur(s) must demonstrate through a 5 year business, plan that it has the potential to create new jobs as
well as add value to the economy
4 . The business must be duly registered with the relevant inland revenue (tax) authorities.
Other criteria for selection may be found at the official programme web portal: www.nddc-entrepreneurs.com.
APPLICATION PROCEDURE FOR INTERESTED ENTREPRENEURS:
1. Please ensure to read and understand the instructions stated in this advert and th,e programme portal before
attempting to complete the online application procedure. Ery-ors may undermine your chances of participation in the
2. Visit the official programme web portal at www.nddc-entrepreneurs.com.
3. Download the business plan template provided on the web portal and use this to prepare your 5 year business plan.
Ensure you use this template to prepare a business plan before you commence the online application procedure.
4. Please also ensure you have your pasSport photograph, business registration certificate, certificate of LGA of origin
and any other relevant supporting document ready for upload during the online application procedure.
5. Provide answers to questions that will appear on your computer screen to the best of your abilities.
6. Once step 4 has been successfully accomplished, upload your 5 year business plan and submit.
1. Applications will only be received online through the web portal. _
2. Smart phones and other devices may be used to complete the advert but applicants should ensUre they have all
required attachments ready for upload In such devices.
3. Everyone is encouraged to read through the several free resources provided online at the web portal.
4. Only those entrepreneurs whose business plans meet the stated criteria will be invited to participate in the next
stages of the programme ‘ ‘
5. This programme is FREE.
6. APPLICATIONS MAY BE SUBMITTED ONLINE BETWEEN THE 21ST OF JANUARY AND 20TH OF FEBRUARY 2015. ONLY.
[button size=”normal” type=”info” value=”APPLY NOW” href=”http://nddc-entrepreneurs.com/applied/”]
Additional information or requests for clarifications may be sent by email only to the following , addresses:
email@example.com and firstname.lastname@example.org,
Contact phones numbers are 0909-000-0002 and 0909-000-0003. The phone lines will be open between 8am and
6pm every Monday to Friday.
[notification type=”error”] Be smart! Use the subscription form on this page to subscribe to valuable and timely informaton – join over 2500 subscribers on our mailing list today [/notification]