If you are planning to write CIPM Professional II exams and have need for Past Questions and Answers, download them from Q and A App. Available Past Questions includes Regular and Resit Past Questions and Answers for 2014- 2017.
- Nigerian Labour Law
- Advanced Industrial Relations
- Advanced Human Resource Management II
- Labour Market Analysis
Sample Questions and Answers (2017)
CHARTERED INSTITUTE OF PERSONNEL MANAGEMENT OF NIGERIA PROFESSIONAL EXAMINATIONS
CIPM/PE2/001: NIGERIAN LABOUR LAW (Regular)
Instructions: Answer Question 1(Part I & II) in Section A, question 2 and any
other three complete questions of your choice in Section B.
Time Allowed: 3 hours
PART I (MULTIPLE CHOICE QUESTIONS)
1. The first law that stipulates that an employee must be issued a letter of appointment is:
(A) Labour ordinance 1963
(B) Labour ordinance 1943
(C) Labour ordinance 1974
(D) Labour ordinance 1967
2. The body that is respectable for the regulatory functions of all Pension in Nigeria is:
3. Modern Nigerian Labour law dates back to _________________________.
PART II (SHORT ANSWER QUESTIONS)
Fill in the gaps with the appropriate words.
11. A person under the age of sixteen years is prohibited by the Labour Act from entering
into a contract as a worker but he may enter into a contract of ________________.
12. Where an employer has informed the trade union of the reasons and extent of an
anticipated redundancy, he is required in discharging the worker affected to adopt the
principle of ______________________.
13. The wages of a worker payable in money must be paid in the _____________ or by
cheque or postal order only with the prior consent in writing of the worker.
Part II SOLUTION TO SHORT ANSWER QUESTIONS
12. Last in First out
13. Legal Tender