If you are planning to write CIPM Professional I exams and have need for Past Questions and Answers, download them from Q and A App. Available Past Questions includes Regular and Resit Past Questions and Answers for 2014- 2017.
- Operations Research
- Organisational Behaviour and Performance
- Insurance and Pension Management
- Advanced Human Resource Management I
Sample Questions and Answers (2017)
CIPM/PE1/001 OPERATIONS RESEARCH (Regular)
Instruction: Answer Question 1 (Part I and II) in Section A
and any other four complete questions of your choice in Section B.
Time Allowed: 3 hours
Question 1 (Part I and II)
PART I (MULTIPLE CHOICE QUESTIONS)
1. Operation research analysts do not
(A) Predict future operations
(B) Build more than one model
(C) Collect relevant data
(D) Recommend decision and accept
2. Linear programming is a
(A) Constrained optimization technique
(B) Technique for economic allocation of limited resources
(C) Mathematical technique
(D) All of the above
3. The graphical method of Linear Programming problem uses
(A) Objective function equation
(B) Constraint equations
(C) Linear equation
(D) All the above
PART II (SHORT ANSWER QUESTIONS)
Fill in the gaps with the appropriate words.
11. When artificial variable is used in linear programming (LP) problem, the method of
obtaining the initial basic feasible solution is ____________________.
12. The Canonical form of equations in linear programming facilitate _______________
solving of the problem.
13. A slack variable represents _________________ resources.
SOLUTION TO QUESTION 1
A. MULTIPLE CHOICE ANSWER
11. Penalty of Big- M method