The MTN Nigeria Foundation Limited by Guarantee (MTNF Ltd/ Gte) was established by MTN Nigeria Communications Limited, in July 2004 to drive MTN Nigeria’s Corporate Social Investment (CSI) initiatives aimed at improving the quality of life In communities across the country.
PROJECT DESCRIPTION AND LOCATION
Under the MTNF Sdence and Technology Scholarship Scheme, the foundation has awarded sc;holaT3hips to oyer 4,972 Science & Technology students in publiC universities, polytechnics and colleges of education across the six geo-political zones in Nigeria from inception to date. The Scholarship award is worth N200,000 (Two hundred Thousand Naira
only) per student for the duration of one (1) academic year and it covers tuition, book allowance and stipend.
Application for the 2015/2016 session is now open and 500 successful applicants will receive their awards during the 2015/2016 academic year.
Scholarships will also be renewed for the existing 1,380 students who have maintained a minimum Cumulative Grade Point Average (CGPA) of 3.5 or its equivalent (second class upper/upper credit).
The MTN Foundation Science & Technology Scholarship seeks to attract high performing second year students studying full-time in public tertiary institutions in Nigeria, The scholarship is aimed at recogning and rewarding academic excellence while providing financial assistance to students who might otherwise be unable to pay for their tertiary
New Scholarships will be made available to qualified and successful candidates in all states across the Federation including the Federal Capital Territory, Abuja.
- Applicants from public Universities and Colleges of Education in Nigeria must be full-time undergraduates in 200level/2nd year.
- Applicants from public Universities and Colleges of Education must have a minimum Cumulative Grade Point Average (CGPA) score of 3.5 or its equivalent (2.1)
- Applicants from public Polytechnics must have a minimum Grade Point Average (GPA) of 3.0 (upper credit) from the Ordinary National Diploma (OND) programme and must have secured admission into the Higher National Diploma programme (HND).
- Direct entry level students must have a minimum Grade Point Average (GPA) of 3.0 (upper credit) from the OND programme and must have secured admission into 200 level/2nd year in a public University.
Only applications from students studying one of the underlisted courses will be considered
|2||Agric. Extension and Rural Development||20||Electronics and Computer Technology|
|3||Agricultural Science||21||Electronics Engineering|
|5||Animal Breeding and Genetics||23||Industrial Mathematics|
|6||Animal Nutrition||24||Industrial Physics|
|7||Animal Production and Health||25||Information-Technology|
|8||Aquaculture and Fisheries Management||26||Mathematics|
|9||Applied Physics||27||Mechanical Engineering|
|10||Architecture||28||Metallurgical and Materials Engineering|
|11||Chemical Engineering||29||Petroleum and Gas Engineering|
|12||Civil Engineering||30||Physics Electronics|
|13||Computer and Electronics||31||Geophysics|
|14||Computer and Information Science||32||Physics/Computational Modeling|
|15||Computer and Mathematics||33||Pure/Applied Physics|
|17||Computer Science||35||Statistics and Computer Science|
|18||Electrical Engineering||36||System Engineering|
METHOD OF APPLICATION
Interested students who meet the above criteria should please visit our website at www.mtnonline.com/mtnfscholarship to complete and submit an online application form.
The application portal opens on Monday August 17,2015 and closes on Sunday, September 06, 2015. Applicants details will be verified and shortlisted candidates will be invited for an assessment test. They will be required to come with
- two recent passport photographs,
- the original and photocopy of the following documents listed below:
- Valid student identity card.
- Any other means of identification (National ID, international passport or Drivers license)
- Duly signed letter from the relevant Head of department in your school
- Admission letter for the HND programme ( applies to Polytechnic students only).
- Applications for the MTN Nigeria Foundation Science and Technology Scholarship Scheme can only be done online at www.mtnonline.com/mtnfscholarship
- Application closes on Sunday, September 06, 2015
- Incomplete applications will be disregarded and cancelled
- Upon receipt of applications from interested students, MTNF shall evaluate and shortlist qualifying students who will be subsequently invited for an assessment test.
- Names of successful candidates after the assessment test will be published in some National newspapers and they will also be contacted by the MTN Foundation via email.
PLEASE NOTE THAT ONLY SHORTLISTED CANDIDATES WILL BE CONTACTED AND MTNF SHALL BE SOLELY RESPONSIBLE FOR FINAL SELECTION OF SUCCESSFUL AWARDEES.
For more information please visit www.mtnonline.com/mtnfscholarship
Please note the MTN Foundation does not use any placement agency and we do not charge applicants on advance fee of any kind (e.g applications fees, placement fees, test fees etc)
Information Source: The Punch, Monday, August 17, 2015
[notification type=”error”] Dont leave in a hurry! Fill the subscription form on this page to have opportunities like this sent to your email address – join over 3000 subscribers on our mailing list today [/notification]