Important Notice: Application closes on 18th October, 2014
As part of efforts to achieve the goals of Vision 20:2020 and the Transformation Agenda, the Federal Government of Nigeria is currently developing a critical mass of professionals who would serve as catalysts of change and agents of scientific and technological advancement, as well as sustainable economic development. This is being achieved through the sponsorship of outstanding students for post graduates studies in the top 25 universities in the World.
To this end, the Federal Government has instituted the Presidential Special Scholarship Scheme for Innovation and Development (PRESSID). The Scheme, which sponsors graduates that have obtained First Class Honours degrees from any recognized and approved university, was established in January 2012 and has awarded a total of two hundred and five (205) scholarships under two editions (the 2013/2014) academic sessions).
The PRESSID implementation Committee now invites qualified candidates to apply for the third edition (2015/2016).
ELIGIBILITY CRITERIA FOR THE SCHEME
Interested candidates should:
1.Be graduates from the 2011/2012 and 2012/2013 academic sessions, who would have completed their National Youth Service by October 2014;
2.Have obtained First Class Honours degree from any recognised and approved University in the following disciplines and aim at postgraduate degrees in the specified and allied disciplines:
- Sciences: Nuclear Physics, Operations Research, Industrial Chemistry, Quantitative Genetics, Biometrics, Molecular Biology etc
- Medicine*: Clinical Sciences, Dentistry, Oncology, Human Genetics, Forensic Medicine, Physiotherapy, Pharmacology etc
- Veterinary medicine: Veterinary Parasitology, Theriogenology, Public Health etc
- Basic Medical Sciences: Anatomy, Physiology, Medical Biochemistry,Dentistry, Human Nutrition, Nursing Science, Anatomic and Molecular Pathology, Biomedical Engineering, Medical Microbiology, Physiotherapy, Pharmacology etc;
- Pharmaceutical Sciences: Drug formulations, Natural products, Drug design, Phytochemistry, Ethnopharmacology, Pharmaceutical Microbiology etc
- Special Aspects of Biology: Biometrics, Molecular Biology, etc;
- Economics: Econometrics, Development Economics, etc;
- Engineering & Technology: Aeronautical Engineering, Mechatronics, Metallurgy, Material Science and Production Engineering, Nanotechnology, Cyber-Security, Software Engineering, etc;
- Computing and Information Technology: Intelligent Robotic Systems, Computer systems and Software Engineering, Computer Information system, Information technology, Artificial Intelligence, Cyber security etc.
*In the case of Medicine, candidates must have a minimum of 2 Distinctions in their Part 3 and Part 4 MBBS examinations; In all cases, candidates must:
In all cases, candidates must:
- be below 30 years of age by October 2014;
- be computer literate; and
- be ready to be bonded and to work, preferably, as academic staff in any public university or research institute for a minimum period of five (5) years.
Please note that universities in the United States of America require candidates to sit for the Graduate Record Exams (GRE) before they can secure admission.
Only shortlisted candidate will be invited for further screening.
METHOD FOR APPLICATION
For further enquiries, please contact the Committee through firstname.lastname@example.org
INFORMATION SOURCE: THE GUARDIAN, THURSDAY 21, 2014
[notification type=”info”]Now that you have found the information you seek, do well to like our facebook page, register on knowbaseconsult so you can get published information in your email box.