UNIVERSITY OF UYO, UYO
P.M.B. 1017, UYO, NIGERIA
(OFFICE OF THE REGISTRAR)
NOTICE OF SCREENING OF DIRECT ENTRY & UTME
Candidates who applied to the University of Uyo as their 1st choice University for the 2014/2015 Direct Entry Admission as well as those candidates who duly registered for the PUTME screening exercise but missed the test are hereby invited for screening exercise scheduled as follows:
Date: Thursday, September 25, 2014
Venue: Town Campus and Town Campus Annex
N/B: Candidates who missed the 1st choice screening should come with all the
requirements as contained in our advertisement published in the Punch Newspaper
of Friday, July 11, 2014.
REQUIREMENTS FOR DIRECT ENTRY SCREENING
Eligible candidates are expected to possess a minimum number of five (5) credit passes in their SSCE or equivalent in the subjects relevant to the programmes of their 1st choice including English Language and Mathematics. They should in addition, have OND, NCE, HND, GCE A/L or a first Degree (not awaiting result).
Admission will be conducted into the following Faculties:
1. Faculty of Agriculture
2. Faculty of Arts
3. Faculty of Basic Medical Sciences
4. Faculty of Business Administration
5. Faculty of Clinical Science
6. Faculty of Education
7. Faculty of Engineering
8. Faculty of Environmental Studies
9. Faculty of Law
10. Faculty of Pharmacy
11. Faculty of Science
12. Faculty of Social Sciences
Candidates must ensure that they had registered online with JAMB. Please note
that candidates whose names are not found in the 2014/2015 Direct Entry JAMB
printout will NOT be allowed into the Screening Venue.
METHOD OF APPLICATION FOR DIRECT ENTRY
(1) Eligible candidates should pay the sum of N2,000.00 (two thousand naira) only, and obtain a PIN Transaction Receipt which should contain a PIN code at the following Banks nationwide.
1. UNIUYO Micro Finance Bank
2. Skye Bank
3. Wema Bank Plc.
4. Ecobank Plc
(2) Note: The same PIN will be used to access the result of the Screening Test from the internet. Candidates must provide their names and JAMB registration numbers to the Bank during payment.
(3) With the PIN code, candidates should access and complete the University of Uyo 2014 Direct Entry (D/E) Screening Test Form online from the students E-Portals Solution Menu applying the following steps:
- Click on Direct Entry Portal Link
- Log in with your Direct Entry registration Number and PIN code.
- Fill the Direct Entry form and upload a recent passport size photograph (scanned) with red background.
- Submit the online application form and print out a copy of the examination schedule slip.
(4) Note: (i) The same passport photograph used for the online registration will be used during the Screening Test and for registration in the Faculty after offer of admission.
(ii) No complaint of wrong bio-data or blank photograph will be entertained after submission.
(iii) Candidates who up-load wrong bio-data will be automatically disqualified.
(5) Candidates are also required to appear for the Direct Entry Screening Exercise with the following items:
(i) Four (4) copies of the University of Uyo 2014 Direct Entry ONLINE
registration form duly completed with the passport-size
photograph printed in colour.
(ii) 2014 Direct Entry Registration Slip.
(iii) Four (4) recent passport-size photograph on red background (same photograph as the one used for the on-line registration) with the name, Direct Entry registration number and signature
of the candidate written on the reverse side of the photographs.These should be packaged in quarto-size envelope and labeled with name, course, Department and JAMB registration number.
(iv) HB pencil, eraser and sharpener.
NOTE: No GSM handsets, calculators or any other extraneous materials should be brought into the Screening Hall.
Venue: The Screening Test will hold at the University of Uyo, Town Campus and Town Campus Annexe.
Closing Date: The closing date for registration is Sunday, 21st September, 2014
Note: Only candidates who comply with the registration procedures outlined above will be allowed to undergo the Screening Exercise.