THE SHELL NIGERIA EXPLORATION PRODUCTION COMPANY (SNEPCo) NATIONAL MERIT UNIVERSITY SCHOLARSHIP SCHEME
SNEPCo on behalf of itself and its co-venturers is launching the SNEPCo National Merit University Scholarship Scheme. The programme aims to promote academic excellence and improve the skills of young Nigerians.
The merit-based scholarship is open to FULL TIME undergraduates studying any of the under listed courses in Universities within Nigeria.
- Chemical / Process Engineering
- Civil Engineering
- Electrical Engineering
- Geoscience / Geology
- Instrumentation Engineering
- Materials / Corrosion Engineering
- Mathematics / Applied Mathematics
- Mechanical / Aerospace Engineering
- Mining Engineering
- Petroleum Engineering
- Physics / Applied Physics
- Process Control Engineering
Eligible Applicants must:
- Have successfully completed a secondary education, with a minimum of seven credits, including Mathematics and English, in their O/Levels
- Have gained admission during the 2013/2014 academic session in an accredited and approved university in Nigeria.
- Be enrolled full‐time, in a university in Nigeria at the undergraduate level with a minimum grade point average of 3.5 at the time of application (attach transcripts or official records)
- Submit online application at www.scholastica.ng/schemes/SNEPCo
- SNEPCo will not accept emailed applications. It is important to visit the official website for detailed information and also access the online application portal
- SNEPCo is committed to providing scholarship opportunities that are not associated with application fees.
- Shell does not assign ‘Representatives’/‘Agents’ to assist applicants’ process applications.
- Applications should be submitted online before Friday 31 October, 2014.
- Only short listed candidates will be contacted.
1. Before you start this application, ensure you have clear scanned copies of the following documents
- Passport photograph with white background not more than 3 months old (450px by 450px not more than 200kb)
- School ID card
- University or JAMB (UTME or D/E) Admission letter
- Birth certificate
- O’ Level result and A’ Levels/OND/NCE Results as applicable
- JAMB Result
- Letter of Identification from State (Showing Local Government of Origin)
2. Ensure the documents are named according to what they represent to avoid mixing up documents during upload
3. Ensure you attach the appropriate documents when asked to upload
To apply, follow the steps below:
1. Click on “Apply Now” tab.
2. Click on “Register Now” to create an account.
3. Proceed to your email box to activate your account
4. Click on www.scholastica.ng/schemes/SNEPCo to return to Scholarship site
5. Enter your registered email and password to upload your information.
6. Enter your personal information, National Identification Number (if available), educational information, other information and upload required scanned documents.
7. Ensure the name used in applications matches the names on all documentation in same order. Upload a sworn affidavit or certificate if otherwise.
8. Ensure you view all documents after uploading, to eliminate errors during uploading.
9. When asked to upload photo, upload a pass-port photograph with a white background.
10. Recheck application information to avoid errors
11. Click “Apply Now” to submit information
12. You will receive an email and a sms that confirms your application was successful.
13. Return to www.scholastica.ng, enter your Email and Password to download your profile and proceed to have your Head of Department sign the document.
14. Upload a scanned copy of the signed profile, this would be used for verification.
15. If National Identification Number (NIN) number was not available in step 6, to obtain your National Identification Number (NIN)
- Visit http://ninenrol.gov.ng to register and learn more about the National Identity Number
- Click “Create Account” and fill in the required fields
- Login with Email and Password to complete the form
- After completion, schedule a date for photo and finger print capture
- Visit any of the 37 capture centres www.nimc.gov.ng/pages/general/enrolmentcentres.htm to complete the registration process and obtain your National Identity Number
- You can also do your total registration at the NIMC office
16. Return to www.scholastica.ng/schemes/SNEPCo and update application with National Identification Number (NIN) to ensure completion
Note: Multiple applications attract a disqualification penalty from the Scholarship board
[notification type=”success”]Use the subscribe form on this page to subscribe to updates from Kbase – Get valuable Scholarship information sent to your mail box daily. Like our facebook page.[/notification]